Friday, April 16, 2010

11:49 a.m.



Last night, as I wondered whether my rescheduled flight would get off the ground, I realized that I had been personally warned this eruption might happen. At the beginning of April, my father forwarded an e-mail from Olafur, a friend of a friend in Iceland, who took photos of recent eruptions. I forwarded the photos onto T, with the attached message:

"got these interesting photos from my dad. aren't they cool!?"

Guh. If only I had taken Olafur's words seriously:

"The danger is if it triggers the next Volcano, “Katla” then we could see problems on big scale even affecting the northern part of the globe!"

Now 1 million passengers have been affected, and who knows if this next rescheduled attempt for Sunday will pan out. This could last for ages! The natural world is really having its say. In the meantime, I'm waiting to see when Godzilla appears.

No comments: