Monday, April 13, 2009

Critique

The past week has been a blur. I think, if I remember correctly, most of the design work was Renovate|Style. I have to say, it's been a great learning process to be a part of the team, but I am getting to the point that everyone is reaching—we're ready for it to wrap up. Things are going well though, and I think we're well-ahead of the game. My goal is to make most of the final edits by Friday, but we all know this sort of a goal rarely goes as planned.

In other news, Epic arrived on Friday in full, beautiful, ink-smelling booky form. After the initial shock of watching dozens of boxes arrive with 800 copies of the magazine, I was able to open it up. I'm kicking myself for one thing (which I will not mention because it's not good to dwell), but now I know what to pay attention to for next time. I'm looking forward to the release party on Friday, which anyone is invited to attend. Come to the Artisan at 7 pm and pick up a free copy for yourself!

I've finished the design (well, most of it) for my mini portfolio, and I'm quite excited. I'm going to print a proof to make sure things are working correctly. I'll be in Kansas City at the weekend, and plan on making a long, over-indulgent stop at Paper Source to choose some lovely pretty things to make the portfolio lovelier and well, prettier.

I'll also be putting together a little graduation announcement for myself. I'd like to screen print something, but I'm not sure if I can get around to ordering the paper I need in time, so we'll see how that goes. May turn it into a digital print project.

Oh, and I just learned that the Fiber Arts Tour and Exhibits was granted the funding I applied for earlier this semester, so I think a celebratory glass of wine or two is most necessary.

In the week ahead, I'll be working on cover prototypes for Vox's 4/30 issue, designing the 4/30 feature, sending Renovate|Style to the printers and getting started on a freelance website job.

No comments: