Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Critique

In the last week I have seen the final version of Renovate Style. I couldn't be happier that it's finished. I'm thrilled to no longer be a stress-eating monster, and it looks quite nice too! Congratulations to Chelsea, Philip and Abbey. You guys did amazing work on this magazine, and I'm so happy to have worked with you! I'm looking forward to seeing the other prototypes and getting this presentation over with! Can you tell I'm Renovate Style-d out?

I also put together some website prototypes for a client in Houston. They're looking at them now. I'm just waiting to see if they want more tweaks.

Abbey and I designed the beautiful feature that will come out in Vox tomorrow. Even though we waited for ages to get the photos, it was worth it. The entire feature well was devoted to the story, entitled the Art of the Encore. We went for lots of textures and a mix of black and white photography. I think our motif of repetition is a great touch as well. I just wish the last spread didn't have THREE ads on it!

This week I'm working on a feature design for Global Journalist, and I'll be getting my mini portfolio printed. I'm also waiting to hear back on a few possibilities for more freelance jobs. Ooh, and I'm going to revamp my website—take a bunch of stuff off and put tons of new stuff on! Exciting times!

No comments: